Social Icons

Pages

Friday, November 30, 2012

Stephanie's Pay it Forward

Part 1: What is "Pay it Forward?" Well, what I think Pay it Forward is, is people helping people without paying back. Its like one person helping one person, and that one person helps another person. And just like that we can help our world. It's like when you see people on the side of the road with a sign asking for food. Instead of just ignoring them, we can give them food, and they won't have to pay back. I also think of Pay it forward, as "deeds". Deeds are like helping people do things that they can't do on their own, without paying back. You don't need to do good things for people just for money. If you really think about Pay it Forward, you're not just doing it for yourself, you're doing it to help the world. Part 2: What was your Pay It Forward act of kindness? Why did you choose this activity? Who did you help? What did you do? When did you do you act of kindness? I went to the Children's Hospital with my friends to give goody bags to sick kids. I chose this activity, because I thought that the kids would be so happy. And they would probably smile, and feel very special. I helped sick kids at the Children's Hospital feel happy and special. I wrapped candy, pencils and stickers in wrapping paper. I did my act of kindness on November 30th, 2012 *This is my friends and I at the Children's Hospital with the goody bags for the kids*
*They wouldn't let us take pictures with the kids, but the nurses let us take pictures of them holding the goody bags*
Part 3: How did your act of kindness go? What Happened? How did you feel? How did the person or people react? Did you ask the person or people to "Pay It Forward"? How did they react to your request? If you did not ask the person to "Pay It Forward" how come? I think that my act of kindness went great. I didn't exactly have enough candy for every kid. I felt sad, because it wasn't equal enough for each kid. So I didn't have enough candy. I felt so great giving the nurses the goody bags to give to the kids, I felt like I'm doing a great thing. When I told the nurse about the whole thing about Pay it Forward, just the look on her face looked like we were doing the right thing. I couldn't tell the kids, because I couldn't see them. I think they won't do it, because they don't have the time, and they probably think it costs too much. I do wish that I did tell the person that it doesn't cost anything to do Pay it Forward, it just takes time. Part 4: Why is the idea of "Pay it Forward" important? Has your act of kindness made a difference? I think that Pay it Forward is important, because it only takes two minutes to make a difference. And for those two minutes you can really make a change. And when you do Pay it Forward, that one person you help, will help another person and then another. By then the whole world will look at us differently. I think that my act of kindness made a difference, because those people that I helped can help another person than another.

No comments:

Post a Comment