Social Icons

Pages

Friday, November 30, 2012

Vina's Pay It Forward

PART 1.

What is "Pay it forward"?

Pay it forward is when people help other people without paying each other back. Instead of paying back the person who helped you, you can help other people, who can help even more people. For instance, I could help 3 people with different things. Instead of paying me back, each person I helped could help 3 more people, and it would go on and on. 

PART 2. 

What was your Pay It Forward act of kindness?   I went to The Children's Hospital with a few friends to give goodie bags to some of the children. 

Why did you choose this activity?   I chose this activity to help children be happier. It does get sad and boring when you have to stay in a hospital. Hopefully the kids who received the goodies feel happy and like it. 

When did you do your act of kindness?   I did the act of kindness on Friday, November 30, 2012. (At around 4:30 pm) 

Who did you help?   I helped sick children who stay at the Children's Hospital.


PICTURES: (Left Picture- Nurses from Children's Hospital)  (Right Picture- Chiara Cenidoza, Vina Dimayuga, Stephanie Lowe, and Rina Llemit) 

Embedded image permalink

PART 3. 

How did your act of kindness go?   My act of kindness was wonderful. It was very fun!


What happened?   We brought the goodies to the hospital. We couldn't bring the goodies directly to the kids for privacy reasons. We gave it to the nurses to bring to give to the children. 


How did you feel?   I felt really happy and proud that we all made an attempt to help the children feel better. 


How did the person or people react?   We didn't get the chance to see the children's faces, but the nurses looked surprised and delighted that we brought goodies for the children.


Did you ask the person or people to "Pay It Forward"?   I didn't get the chance to ask them. We weren't allowed to see the children at the time.

PART 4.

Why is the idea of "Pay it Forward" important?   I think it's important because instead of just helping yourself, you get the chance to help others around you. I like how everyone can pay it forward, no matter where they are, or what they're doing. 

Has your act of kindness made a difference?   I think that my act of kindness made a little difference by helping the children at the hospital. I would like to try and make more differences not just in communities but in the world. 


No comments:

Post a Comment