Ratio: A comparison of two quantities that have the same unit of measure.
Rate: Compares two quantities measured in different units.
Proportion: An equation that proves that two ratios are equal
1. 5 hours to travel 360 kilometers is about 72 km/h.
2. Emma saves 28 cents of every dollar that she earns. Emma earned $75 last week. How much money did Emma save last week?
What are the three ways you can prove that equivalent ratio statements are true?
3/4 = 12/16
- Does this seem fair? No
- With what you know about proportion look and read what is in the image above. Does it seem just and fair? No
- Why have you made this choice? Because he only took $100 dollar bill but he returned it back plus he was homeless and hunger. He even turned himself in the next day because he knew that it wasn't right to steal. It's not really fair the other guy robbed way more than him but yet he had to stay in prison for 15 years and the other guy stays for 40 months.
- What would you have done if you were the judge? I would have have made him stay for at leased 2 months because all he did was steal a $100 dollar bill but gave it back.