Example: 3 blue blocks : 1 yellow block
b) Rate: A comparison of 2 quantities that have the different unit of measure.
c) Proportion: An equation which states that two ratios are equal.
Example: 4/8 = 1/2
1. 5 hours to travel 360 kilometers is about __72___km/h.
2.Emma saves 28 cents of every dollar that she earns. Emma earned $75 last week. How much money did Emma save last week?
Part 3. What are the three ways you can prove that equivalent ratio statements are true?
3/4 = 12/16 or 4/9 = 16/32
1. You can do it by multiplying
2. You can do it by dividing
3. You can do it by times table
1. No, this does not seem fair.
3. Because he took $100 but he returned it.
4. I'll just let him stay for at least 1-2 months because he took $100 but he returned it.
The boy in the picture is probably 12 or 13 years old. I looked up the average height of a 13 year old and it's 5'5. I stacked up the boy and he fits about 3 times in the tree. 5.5x3=16.5