Social Icons

Pages

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Carmela's Proportion Post

Part 1

Ratio- A ratio shows the relative sizes of two or more values

Example:
6:9:6
6 apples to 9 bananas to 6 oranges

Rate- Rate is a ratio that compares two quantities of different units

Example:
Niall types 10 words in 5 seconds.
Niall's unit rate is the number of words he can type in a second.
His unit rate is 2 words for second.

Proportion-  An equation which states that two ratios are equal

Example:














Part 2

1.) 5 hours to travel 360 kilometers is about _____km/h?













2.) Emma saves 28 cents of every dollar that she earns.  Emma earned $75 last week.  How much money did Emma save last week?












Part 3

What are the three ways you can prove that equivalent ratio statements are true?

Part 4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-va9qeYyOI

Part 5

http://www.concurringopinions.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/CrimeInAmerica2.jpg

1.) No, this does not seem fair.
2.) No this does not seem just and fair.
3.) Because he only took $100 and he returned it. He just stole $100 it's not like he killed someone.
4.) If I was the judge I would just let him stay for at least 1 month.


Bonus

Woodpile 2

There are 5 logs per quadrant how many logs would there be if there were 6 quadrants?


4 comments:

  1. A bit of effort I would say, I also want to mention part 4, Q2, that you didn't say 'WHY' it was fair for the man to be punished for 15 months & the CEO to be punished in 40 months. It is justice, but that was when you had to explain WHY it's not or is fair. But yeah everything else seems to be fine. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My overall impression is that I find really confusing until I read the instruction. I think I did well. My one wish is, when we do another post I'll make more effort than my first post and make my own video.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My overall impression is that it was well organized. My 3 stars are that you put pictures as examples, you had labels, and the important words are bolded and colored. My one wish would be if you made your own video. But overall, you did a great job.

    ReplyDelete