Ratio- Comparative value of two or more amounts.
Rate- A ratio that compares quantities measured in different units.
Proportion- A comparison of two quantities that have different units of measure.
1. 5 hours to travel 360 kilometers is about ____ km/h.
2. Emma saves 28 cents of every dollar that she earns. Emma earned $75 last week. How much did Emma save last week?
What are the three ways you can prove that equivalent ratio statements are true?
3/4 = 12/16
2. No, does not seem just and fair.
3. The homeless man only stole $100 and he returned it back. While the CEO is going to prison for only 40 months after stealing $3 billion, which he didn't return. $100 compared to $3 billion is a huge difference.
4. If I was the judge I would've gave him 1-2 weeks of community service, because he returned the money back.
Q: How tall is the tree on the right?
A: The average height of a 12 year old boy is about 5'2. The boy is about 3 times of a tree.
So, 5.2 x 3 = 15.6. The tree is about 15.6 ft. tall.