a) Ratio: a comparison of 2 quantities that have the same unit of measure.
eg: 5 Black Balloons : 3 Green Balloons.
b) Rate: a comparison of a quantities that have the different unit of measure.
c) Proportion: a statement that 2 numbers are equivalent.
a) 5 hours to travel 360 kilometers is about ______km/h?
b) Emma saves 28 cents of every dollar that she earns. Emma earned $75 last week. How much money did Emma save last week?
cents/dollar 0.28 divided 75= 21
75 divided 75= 1
* she saved $21.00 dollars last week.
What are the three ways you can prove that equivalent ratios statements are true? 2/4 = 12/16
1) 3/4 - 12/14 ( 4x16=48 and 3x16=48)
2) you can multiply it by 4.
3) 3 x 4 = 12
4 x 4 = 16
1. Does this seem fair?
No, it isn't fair.
2. With what you know about proportion look and read what is in the image above. Does it seem just and fair?
No it's still isn't fair at all.
3. Why have you made this choice?
Because stealing $100 and him being in jail for 15 years isn't fair to him.
4.What would you have done if you were the judge?
If i was the judge I wouldn't put the homeless person in jail for 15 years. I would probably put him in for like 1-3 months in jail.