HW Booklet: 8.3
In this post, I will be answering 4 a), 5 a), 7 a), 9 a) and 11.
4. Use diagrams to complete each division statement.
There are 2 groups of six in 12.
5. Use the diagram below each question to solve both statements.
a) (-10) ÷ (+2) = (-5)
(-10) ÷ (-5) = (+2)
7. Draw a diagram to solve each question.
a) (-14) ÷ (-7) = (+2)
Draw 14 negative integer chips, or empty circles. Then put them into groups of 7 negative integer chips.
9. Use the division of two integers to represent each situation and solve the problem.
a) Marcus scored 18 points during three games at his basketball tournament this weekend. If he scored the same number of points in each game, how many did he score per game?
18 ÷ 3 = 6
Marcus scored 6 points each game.
You divide the number of points by the number of games to see how many points he scored per game.
11. Penelope gets a pay cheque of $750 every two weeks. If she works Monday to Friday, how much is earned each day? Use the division of two integers to represent the situation then solve.
750 ÷ 10 = 75
Penelope earns $75 dollars each day.
She works Monday to Friday, so that's 5 days a week. She gets paid every 2 weeks, so 2 x 5 = 10. Divide the amount of money she gets every 2 weeks, which is 750, by the number of days, which is 10.
Practice how to divide fractions here.
Please leave your, comments, questions, or concerns down below!