Social Icons

Pages

Saturday, December 1, 2012

Tina's Pay it Forward

Part 1.
What is "Pay it Forward"?
I believe that the term "Pay it Forward" is when someone helps people, then those people help more people, and this process keeps continuing. Pay it forward has a powerful meaning behind it. If we continue "pay it forward", the world will slowly change into a better place, possibly a place where people care, where people have homes, clean water, healthy food, and education.

What was your Pay It Forward act of kindness
My pay it forward act of kindness was volunteering at Winnipeg Harvest with Mikee, and Arizza.

Why did you choose this activity? 
We chose to go to Winnipeg Harvest because we wanted to help some families and people that can't afford food. We wanted to help the people, the families that can't go to a cupboard or the fridge and just take out food like us.

Who did you help?
Hopefully we have helped the less-fortunate families and people who might have been suffering from starvation get some food.
What did you do?

When did you do you act of kindness?
I did my act of kindness with Mikee and Arizza on December 8th 2012 at 9:00 A.M- 12:00 P.M.




Part 3.
How did your act of kindness go?
My act of kindness went very well. It was a very fun experience, I hope I can go again with my friends!

What Happened?

We first filled out a form, and then we went to take a tour around Winnipeg Harvest with our tour guide, Shelly, she explained about what goes on around Winnipeg Harvest. After the orientation, we stayed to volunteer until 12:00 P.M. We spent 3 hours sorting Potatoes but the time went by very fast. While we were sorting we saw Katherine! When it was almost time to go, we went to get some Hot chocolate and a snack! Then after we finished drinking our Hot Chocolate and eating our snack we went home. It was a very fun experience!


How did you feel?
I felt very good about myself because I feel like I have helped many people, even if I only did something little.

How did the person or people react?
The people that I saw had smiles on their faces, I think they had smiles on their faces because they were happy that some students donated some of their time to help.


How did they react to your request?
They didn't really react because I didn't tell them to volunteer, but I think they were happy that some kids actually volunteered.

Did you ask the person or people to "Pay It Forward"?
No, I didn't tell the people to Pay it forward. because I felt that they were already paying it forward because they were also volunteering on their own time, but I did tell them about the project we were doing.

If you did not ask the person to "Pay It Forward" how come?
I didn't tell the people to pay it forward because I felt that they were already paying it forward because they were also volunteering on their own time, but I did tell them about the project we were doing.

Part 4.
Why is the idea of "Pay it Forward" important?
Pay it forward is important because it helps people be more aware of what's happening to others around the world. Pay it forward makes people realize that not everyone has healthy food, a home, clean water, education and other things that we are fortunate to have in our lives. Pay it forward makes others want to help change the world to make it better place. Pay It Forward is also important because even just a little act of kindness we do can have a big effect on others, and slowly, we can make the world a better place.

Has your act of kindness made a difference?
Yes, I think my act of kindness made a difference. Even though what I did was small, it still made a difference in some less-fortunate people's lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment