Social Icons

Pages

Sunday, December 2, 2012

Jessica's Pay It Forward


Part 1
What is "Pay it Forward". To complete this part please edit and revise the paragraphs that you wrote after watching the movie.

I think that "Pay It Forward" is that one person can make a difference in a community and that we can help people that we know and don't know and we don't need anything in return to make us satisfied because we know that we helped out the community.. 

Also if 1 person helped 3 people those 3 three people that you helped would help 3 other people witch equals 9 people and so on and so forth. So it's just an act of kindness that can help many many people in your community and it would actually be because of you..  

Part 2
What was your Pay It Forward act of kindness?

Kiara and my act of kindness was to shovel snow for everyone on our street. Which took a long time.  Kiara and I shoveled 17 walk ways.

Also Kiara and I collected a full bag of pennies for the Free the Children (water supply). So that one person who doesnt have clean water, can now have clean water for the rest of there life.

Why did you choose this activity?

 We chose this activity because Kiara and I have a lot of Elderly people on our street and we where trying to figure out what to do and then we saw our neighbor Margret shovelling snow and that is what gave us the idea of shoveling snow for almost everyone on our street.   

We chose the peeny activity because we thought that one thing isnt enough we hhave to do more..

Who did you help?
We helped the people on our street such as Margret, Horrace, Lisa, Trevor and many others..

We helped someone without clean water.
What did you do?

We shoveled snow for our neighbors

Went to Walmart and collected pennies from people.

When did you do you act of kindness?
We did this on November 30th at around 6:30 - 8:00 and December 1st at around 12:00 - 5:30 

And the Pennies December 1st at around 6:00pm

Pictures :
The Shovel


The Stairs I almost Fell Off Of


Sidewalk, that we shoveled.. We good



Full Penny Bag

Embedded image permalink

How Many?





.


Part 3
How did your act of kindness go?
I think it went very well because we shoveled 17 walkways but our goal was 15 so Kiara and i were very proud.. I think that what we did, will help our community.. 

     We where also proud because we got a full bad of pennies and We are going to try to collect more when we get another bag.

How did you feel?

I felt every good because I knew that No one would slip and fall on the snow which happened may times last year.. It also felt good that people where offering us money and hot chocolate but we declined it  because we where doing something nice for our community.

I feel like I've accomplished something I didnt think I could do. I never thought I could get a full bag of pennies but I did so I was so glad that I got a full bag

How did the person or people react?

People where thankful that we where doing something for our community because most people don't help out in our community's 

People didn't know what to say, some said that it's amazing for young girls like us to be trying to make a difference in the world.. 

Did you ask the person or people to "Pay It Forward"?

No, We Forgot About That Part both times

If you did not ask the person to "Pay It Forward" how come?
We forgot

Part 4

Why is the idea of "Pay it Forward" important?

It's important because even one person can change the world/community for doing the smallest things. Also that it's important because you can help people and they'll help people too.

Has your act of kindness made a difference?

I felt like our act of kindness helped our community in many ways, because now the elders won't slip on the ice and snow that we shoveled off, and that now the mail men and women will have an easier time talking and delivering mail. 

No comments:

Post a Comment